Free Food During Finals Week

Summer break is coming which means that finals week is on its way. Finals week starts Monday, May 8 and ends Friday, May 12. This means that end of the semester projects and essays are due and tests are about to be taken.

Because this time of the year is so stressful for students, California Lutheran University is going to try to help by hosting a free food event for Cal Lutheran students.

โ€œI am actually very stressed right now because everything is coming up in the next two weeks. I mean, I am excited for summer but everything needs to be taken care of in only two weeks,โ€ said sophomore Giselle Duran.

On May 9, from 6 to 8 p.m., the Student Union is hosting a free food event for all Cal Lutheran students catered by the Italian restaurant Buca Di Beppo.

โ€œWe donโ€™t want people to be stressed out over finals, and we think free food would really help them out. We do it for the kids,โ€ said Student Union info desk attendant Sean Nobuta, who is organizing the event.

Because so many students are going to be on campus around finals time, the Student Union workers thought that it would be a perfect opportunity to gather students together to let them know that they are not alone during this time.

โ€œWe were just thinking about what college students love, and they love free things and food. Nothing would be better than to have some free food for finals,โ€ said Student Union info desk attendant Amanda Oyao.

โ€œI usually focus more when I am eating a snack so I think that itโ€™s beneficial for students to be eating during finals time,โ€ Duran said.

The event aims to make life easier for students, so that they do not have to waste time by leaving campus to go get food.

This event is also meant to be beneficial for commuters so that they can stay in one place the whole day.

โ€œAs a commuter, this takes a lot of stress off of you for preparing meals,โ€ said senior commuter Cody Jones. โ€œI know that I get to go to school and there will be a meal there so that I can focus on studying for my finals instead of meal prepping before.โ€

The Student Union is a place where students are welcome to study, and this finals event can help get students studying in a new environment.

โ€œRight after youโ€™re done with eating some Bucca Di Beppo, you can totally come in and study in the awesome study rooms,โ€ Oyao said.

There are white board tables and rooms where students can study by themselves or with a group of people. There is space for residents and commuters to stay for however long they need.

โ€œItโ€™s going to be a good time, you should come on down,โ€ Nobuta said.

For more information on the Finals Free Food from Bucca Di Beppo event and other Student Union events, contact the Student Union workers or stop by and talk to the front desk attendants.

Dakota Himmelman