UPDATE: Sodexo Employee Convicted Of Theft

In the article “Sodexo employee arrested on campus,” published on May 17, The Echo reported that a Sodexo employee was arrested at California Lutheran University on suspicion of violating California Penal Code 487 (a), Health and Safety Code Section 11350 (a) and HS 11364 (a).

The Sodexo employee, identified as James Stafford, according to the Ventura County Sheriff’s Department Pressboard, pleaded guilty to violating California Penal Code 487 (a) on July 7.

According to the California Legislative Information website, California Penal Code 487 (a) states, “Grand theft is theft committed in any of the following cases: When the money, labor, or real or personal property taken is of a value exceeding nine hundred and fifty dollars $950.”

According to a public narrative written by Officer Kristofer Doepking published in the Ventura County Sheriff’s Department’s Pressboard, Stafford “stole property from a backpack in the Starbucks locker room. The property was valued at over $950.”

Additionally, Stafford pleaded not guilty to both Safety Code Section 11350 (a) Possession of a Controlled Substance and HS 11364 (a) Possession of Drug Paraphernalia. Both charges were dismissed according to the docket information description on the Ventura Superior Court Website.

The docket information also states that Stafford was sentenced and the “total fixed term in the Ventura County Jail is 1 Year(s) 4 Month(s) and 0 Day(s).”

Since 2008 Stafford has been convicted seven times according to the docket information description on the Ventura County Superior Court Website. Stafford was convicted of: Health and Safety Code Section 11364.1 (a) Possession of Injection/Ingestion Device; California Penal Code 594(b)(2)(A) Graffiti Vandalism, $400 or less damage; California Penal code 141 Altering Evidence; California Penal Code 459, Second Degree Commercial Burglary and he was convicted three separate times for Health and Safety Code Section 11350 (a) Possession of a Controlled Substance.

Drew Thomas
    Editor in Chief

Published July 21, 2015