Break style

With spring break quickly approaching, planning out what to pack is on the top of many priority lists.

Packing depends on where you’re going, how long you’ll be gone and, most importantly, what’s on trend. No one wants to show up wearing the season’s worst styles.

“I plan on packing swimsuits, lots of shorts, baggy T-shirts and maxi dresses because I’m going to Mexico for spring break,” said junior Rachel Drury.

According to Glamour Magazine, you can never go wrong with classic black and white. Adding small amounts of neon is also a fun way to turn any outfit into a spring staple. Tribal patterns are also in this spring.

Incorporating these trendy styles into your spring break wardrobe is simple and easy for both guys and girls.

Bathing suits are usually a must-have for spring break, so try to look for a trendy suit. Buying neon green board shorts may not look the best on everyone, but buying a pair that have just a neon stripe will look good and be on trend.

“I really like black and white, so I was going to buy a black bathing suit top and white bottoms to make the style my own,” said sophomore foreign exchange student Gina Hales. “Plus, I could use the bottoms or the top with a patterned bathing suit, because black and white go with anything.”

No matter where you’re going, these tips are good for bathing suits, jackets and shirts. Even if you’re not taking the typical beach spring break trip, you can still make these current styles work for where you are going.

“I’ll be going to Lugano in southern Switzerland, so I plan to pack warmer clothes like jackets and scarves,” said junior Luke Samuels.

Having a budget for what you plan to buy is always a good idea. You don’t want to spend all your money on the clothes you’ll be wearing, instead of the fun things you could be doing on the trip.

“I plan to spend around $150 on clothes for the whole time I’ll be gone,” said Hales. “I just need to buy a new bathing suit and a couple shirts, nothing too expensive.”

Stores that are budget-friendly and stylish are great for getting ready for spring break. Forever 21 is a hot spot for both guys and girls to find trendy clothes that don’t break the bank. H&M is also a great store to shop at when on the hunt for inexpensive clothes that stick with the seasonal fashion trends.

Most importantly, remember to have a good time and enjoy your trendy self while on spring break.

Lindsey Walton
    Published March 20, 2013